Shrimper Mk I Pax
Pax is sail number 80, built in 1982 and has been extensively refurbished over the past two years by her current owner. She is in excellent condition and ready to sail and enjoy. She has spent the last two seasons in Titchmarsh Marina in Walton on the Naze, but has lived on a yard trailer between outings, rather than a mooring.
She has the following features, equipment and rigging:
Navy blue hull with mushroom topsides and two pairs of tan sails. (re-painted in 2019).
She has a new Collars mast and the Mast Band bolts around the mast, rather than being bolted through it (a frequent source of water ingress and rot in many masts). Has original gaff and boom which are in very good order. She has navigation lights on the mast.
Four shrouds, providing additional support to mast as well as adding to authentic look! New stainless steel bottle screws on shrouds
6HP Mariner outboard (bought in 2020 and only c. 50 hours of run time) with remote fuel tank
New stainless-steel mounts for outboard bracket in outboard motor well
New rudder in 2021 from Cornish Shrimpers with stainless hangings and with a stainless-steel rudder plate and a new stainless steel skeg/rudder-protector on stern
Two sets of tan sails; Original set which I use on a regular basis and a newer pair bought for racing by previous owner, made by Jeckells.
All wiring replaced in past two years and she has a 2-year-old marine battery in a battery box with power tester and external power socket
In the cockpit:
- Clipper Duet combined Log and Echo sounder and an additional 12v power socket. Both the depth transducer and impeller wheel were replaced last year.
- Navy blue full length waterproof cushions
- Additional cushions designed to convert port side of cockpit into a longer and very comfortable bed
- Shrimper 19 cockpit tent
- Tiller is fitted with a Wavefront Tiller Clutch
- Compass fitted in lower washboard
In the cabin:
- Internal cabin light
- The rear bulkheads have been replaced with new and feature shelves on the starboard side and a neat box housing all the electrics on the port side.
- There is a gimball for a stove, the usual 10 litre water can and pump and Shrimper bucket. I have the original paraffin lamp and glass, although it isn’t fitted at present.
- Original cushions to berths plus additional shoulder cushions and supports that I have made which increase the width and comfort of the two berths
Other equipment includes:
- Canvas Sail cover
- Canvas Cockpit cover
- Original CQR Anchor with chain and rope
- Fenders and mooring lines
- Separate mooring line for connecting bow eye to buoy
- Folding boarding ladder
- Folding mahogany Boom Rest
Pax has a Bramble break-back trailer which had new suspension units, brakes, discs and hubs fitted last year (cost £500). Tyres are in good condition. The trailer hasn’t been near salt water since being refurbished.
I also have a galvanised steel yard trolley made by Smiths Boatyard in Rock in 2021 which is for sale separately and a galvanised steel 4 metre extension bar which connects the trailer to your vehicle’s tow bar allowing recovery from the water without your vehicle having to drive into salt water.
More pictures available on request. Currently in a barn in Buckinghamshire, can be viewed.